1. It took debauchery to an exciting new level.
2. It offered the grooviest possible cinematic experience.
3. It had an amazing poster.
4. It introduced us to Z-Man.
5. Who then beat Austin Powers to one of the greatest film quotes ever.
6. It taught us useful pick-up lines.
7. And less useful pick-up lines.
8. And scathing put-downs.
9. It was ENDLESSLY quotable.
10. It introduced us to the Carrie Nations.
11. It gave us a fun new way to exit conversations.
12. It made us think of sex in a new way.
13. It was surprisingly heartfelt.
14. It showed us oral sex with a gun long before Spring Breakers.
15. It made drugs look equal parts fun and terrifying.
16. Culminating in a horrific and memorable finale.
17. Oh, it was delightfully gory.
18. It opened our eyes to the ’70s.
19. And it gave many of us a whole new appreciation of Roger Ebert.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/reasons-beyond-the-valley-of-the-dolls-is-the-greatest-cult